Business | Community & living | Your Council | Environment | Housing | Jobs | Leisure & culture | Planning

How can I help?

There are a number of ways everyone who spends time in South Derbyshire can help. Why not consider:

Joining your  Neighbourhood Watch  scheme and if there isn't one in your area, why not set one up by telephoning 01283 595787

Encouraging everyone to report all crimes. Unless you do, we have no accurate information about the kinds of crimes being committed and the places they happen in.

Underage Sales Reporting Form Derbyshire County Council's Trading Standards Dept have launched a new form to make it easier to report licensed premises who are suspected of making sales to under 18's - the form can be accessed here.

It is simple to use and can either be posted to or emailed directly to the Trading Standards team. All reports will be followed up by the team and where appropriate Test Purchase Operations can be carried out.

Becoming a Special Constable. Find out more about what is involved by telephoning 01773 572797. You could be helping your community reduce the rates of crime.

Attending Safer Neighbourhood meetings. The Safer Neighbourhood Scheme has been developed in South Derbyshire and is being co-ordinated by the Safer South Derbyshire Partnership. It aims to ensure that public concerns relating to Crime and Disorder issues are recognised and acted upon by providing dedicated and accountable resources to dedicated geographical area. We will use a multi-agency approach to tackle problems and will hold quarterly meetings in each of the 6 Areas to which representatives of the statutory agencies and members of the public will be invited. The aim is to reduce the fear of crime and create safer environments.

More about Safer Neighbourhood areas and meetings


page ref: SDDC 586