We are responsible for the collection and disposal of household waste and recycling. This is a vital service that makes the area a healthy, safe and clean place to live.
- collect your waste on the same day each week (with the exception of Christmas Holidays, New Year and Bank Holidays)
- advertise well in advance any changes to the collection service within the local press
- give you a date for collection and collect large items (there is a charge for this service). More about Special collection of large items
- provide facilities and kerbside collections for recycling and composting waste
You can help us by:
- using the recycling and composting facilities to minimise your waste
- putting your wheeled bin/refuse sacks out to the edge of your property by 6am on collection day
- fetching your wheeled bin back when it has been emptied
- special arrangements can be made if you are unable to do this
- making sure refuse sacks are tied
- making sure that when you request removal of large items, these items are easily accessible on the day we have arranged to collect them
What's my collection day for refuse, recycling and composting?
We also provide a free Saturday morning Refuse Freighter service for those areas of the District that are more than five miles away from the Newhall Civic Amenity site.
More about the free Saturday morning Refuse Freighter service
Refuse Collection Frequently Asked Questions
South Derbyshire District Council
Tel: 01283 595795
Online: contact form
Page ref: LGCL 444, LGSL 524, 526