Careline / Telecare - one step towards peace of mind and independent living.
WHAT - is Telecare?
WHEN - is it needed?
- Following a hospital discharge caused by an accident in the home, or to prevent an admission
- to give support to vulnerable people
- to support loved-ones and improve their quality of life
WHERE - is it located?
- In the home to protect and re-assure Individuals and their families.
WHY - does it help?
- Telecare provides comfort to people letting them know that help is available at the press of a button 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Giving confidence and re-assurance that they can remain safe within their own homes.
- Telecare can provide medical information for health professionals so that deterioration of health can easily be detected, and the correct care can be provided.
HOW - does it work?
- By a simple connection to a Telephone landline and an electrical socket. Should a sensor be activated, a message will be sent to our Careline office and help will be initiated whether it be contacting a family member, neighbour, doctor or the emergency services.
South Derbyshire District Council
Bretby Business Park
Tel: 01283 225810
Online: contact form
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/SDTelecare
page ref: SDDC 176a