Business | Community & living | Your Council | Environment | Housing | Jobs | Leisure & culture | Planning

Housing finance

Are you losing out on your entitlement?

If you are on a low income, you could be entitled to Housing Benefit or Council Tax Benefit (or both).

There are several benefits available to persons on low income and what you are entitled to depends on the type of accommodation you live in, the size of your family and the amount of money you have coming in each week.

If you own your own home, or are paying a mortgage to buy your own home, then the only benefit available to you is help to pay your Council Tax.

If you live in accommodation which is rented from a private landlord or housing association, then you would qualify for help with your rent and your Council Tax.

Please use the links to find out more about tenancy deposit protection, housing benefit, grants and council housing - rents