If you are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless, contact us as soon as possible.
If your enquiry is not an emergency you can contact us by completing the response request below.
If we cannot prevent you from becoming homeless, we may provide temporary accommodation. This could, in emergencies, be bed and breakfast accommodation, or it could be supported accommodation, reserved for use by homeless families.
The type depends on demand at the time of homelessness and where there is a vacancy.
Being provided with temporary accommodation is not a guarantee that permanent Council or housing association accommodation will be offered. You are expected to look for your own accommodation, as well as registering on the list for social housing.
Worried about losing your home?
We are here to provide free information, assistance and specialist advice to landlords, tenants and owner occupiers to help keep you in your home or find an alternative. We can:
- negotiate with friends and family on your behalf to enable you to stay where you are for longer while we help you to find something more suitable
- provide debt counselling services with independent financial advisors
- negotiate with your landlord if you have arrears
- see whether you are eligible for mortgage advice
- help you to find a rented property in the private sector. In some cases we can help with a deposit
- help you to apply for social housing
- help single people to access hostel accommodation
- provide practical help and support if you need to leave home because of violence or abuse.
Contact us to find out how our services can help you.