Adopted Local Plan
The planning system provides a framework for managing the development and use of land. At a local level this framework is called a Local Plan.
The Local Plan for South Derbyshire has been prepared in two parts. Part 1 was adopted by Full Council on June 13, 2016. The Local Plan Part 2 was submitted to the Secretary of State on January 24, 2017 and hearings took place in April 2017. Once the Local Plan Part 2 is adopted, the 1998 Local Plan will be fully superseded.
Adopted Local Plan Part 1
The Adopted Local Plan Part 1 covers the period 2011 to 2028 and is the strategic element of the Local Plan.
It sets the long-term vision, objectives and strategy for the spatial development of South Derbyshire. The plan sets the amount of housing and employment development required within the District over the plan period, allocates strategic housing and employment sites and contains policies used in the determination of planning applications.
The Adopted Local Plan Part 1 has replaced 35 policies in the 1998 Local Plan, a list of which can be found at Appendix 1 in the Local Plan Part 1.
- Local Plan Part 1 Chapters 1 - 4 (pdf, 4.7mb)
- Local Plan Part 1 Chapter 5 Policy 1 - 10 (pdf, 4.4mb)
- Local Plan Part 1 Chapter 5 Policy 11 - 22 (pdf, 7.2mb)
- Local Plan Part 1 Chapter 6 Apppendices (pdf, 3.2mb)
- Glossary for Local Plan Part 1 (pdf, 96kb)
- Proposals Map for Local Plan Part 1 A - R (pdf, 9.5mb)
- Proposals Map for Local Plan Part 1 S - W (pdf, 7.7mb)
- Implementation and Monitoring Table (pdf, 3.2mb)
- Local Plan Part 1 Adoption Statement (pdf, 139kb)
- Inspectors Report (pdf, 331kb)
- LP1 Main Modifications (pdf, 3.1mb)
Saved 1998 Local Plan policies
Until the Local Plan Part 2 is adopted, saved policies from the 1998 Plan will continue to be used in assessing planning applications.
Once the Local Plan Part 2 is adopted all 1998 Local Plan policies will be superseded.
- Adopted 1998 Local Plan (pdf, 6.8mb)