Business | Community & living | Your Council | Environment | Housing | Jobs | Leisure & culture | Planning

Advertisement control

Under the Town and Country Planning (Control of Advertisements) Regulations 1992, permission is required to display most advertisements and signs. However, there are many exceptions and the regulations can be quite complicated.

If you would like to know if you need permission for a specific advertisement, we advise you to consult this guide from the Department for Communities and Local Government:
Outdoor advertisements and signs: a guide for advertisers 

We have also issued its own Display of Advertisements Supplementary Planning Guidance, which you should also read. It is available in the related documents section or you can contact us for advice.

If you need permission, please complete the Consent to Display Advertisements application form on the following page:

Contact details

South Derbyshire District Council
Planning Services
Civic Offices
Civic Way
DE11 0AH

Tel: 01283 228706
Online: contact form

Page ref: SDDC 190

Related documents

The following document is in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)