Universal Credit

Universal Credit will eventually be the main Benefit paid to working age people.

It combines a range of Benefits into a single, monthly payment. Eventually most current Benefits and Tax Credits will be phased out.

Universal Credit will eventually replace:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Income-based Employment Support Allowance
  • Housing Benefit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Working Tax Credit

The Government will decide when Universal Credit will be applied to all working age people in South Derbyshire. This is currently scheduled for November 2018.

Application process

You can claim Universal Credit online or by telephoning 0800 328 5644.

Apply for Universal Credit