Starting a business
Starting a business, or becoming self-employed, can feel like a big leap. Therefore, it’s worth taking advantage of the advice on offer to give you every chance of success.
- Need to apply for planning permission or want advice on advertising, signage, change of use or a property extension?
- Need a licence for entertainment, alcohol or private hire? What about a permit for your business?
- Want to learn about business rates and relief schemes?
- Want to search for a property or land? You can also check out our commercial property bulletin (pdf, 1.5mb)
- Need to make sure your premises and food businesses are up to scratch? Register your food business, find out about pest control or learn about the Food Hygiene Rating Scheme
- Want to know more about business and commercial waste?
- Fancy setting up a stall on Swadlincote Market? If so, telephone manager Simon Wardle on 07879 276243 or email email@example.com
For free help and support on getting your business up and running, book an appointment with the South Derbyshire Business Advice Service.
Make a business enquiry
There are several other avenues worth exploring. The East Midlands Chamber offers extensive networking opportunities to get you off the ground, while Healthy Workplaces Derbyshire helps you to build a healthy future for your workforce. The D2N2 Growth Hub provides details of events and training near to you.