Our Safer Neighbourhood Wardens have five primary roles:
- Patrol South Derbyshire with a CCTV van addressing issues relating to anti-social behaviour, mostly in the evenings.
- Dealing with duties traditionally associated with our Dog Wardens, including collecting stray dogs and dealing with barking dog and fouling complaints.
- Dealing with fly-tipping. The wardens inspect any fly-tips found in South Derbyshire for evidence before our Clean Team clears it. Perpetrators can be prosecuted or given formal cautions. The CCTV kit is also used to catch fly-tippers in the act.
- Patrolling and serving fixed penalty notices for offences including littering, dog fouling, waste offences, parking vehicles for sale (subject to certain criteria), graffiti and fly-posting.
- Dealing with abandoned vehicles.