We work closely with Derbyshire County Council to enforce parking restrictions in the District.
Civil enforcement officers (CEOs), which have replaced traditional traffic wardens, are responsible for enforcing:
- limited waiting bays
- double/single yellow lines
- on-street pay and display bays
- residents' parking zones
- Blue Badge bays
- loading bays
- bus stops
- taxi bays
- school keep clears
- dropped kerb access (also police)
- double parking (also police)
- pedestrian crossings (also police)
- car parks (with orders)
Moving traffic offences, such as contravention of an Access Only Order, remains a police responsibility as the CEOs do not have the power to stop vehicles.